Thursday, March 10, 2011

Thoughts of Spring

This post is merely to confirm I am still alive, though I barely survived February with a serious case of the Flue. This is the time of the year we search desperately for any signs of spring. I have heard a few crows so that is one indicator.

Late last night the coyote pack was howling in unison with the occasional solo, which my dog replied to. They are on the prowl looking for winter killed deer.

If you look carefully you will see small signs of the snow retreating. The south facing ditch banks are almost free of snow, so I know woodcocks will soon appear .They are a very hardy bird that likes to reclaim their territory and nest very early.

Having said all that, I must get back to work writing some new posts, before the few loyal readers I have give up on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment